Why is it so hard for us women to ask for help? And why do we feel bad admitting that we can’t do everything by ourselves?
In today’s podcast, I’m peeling back the curtains on a big decision I made recently to call in help at home to get our family through this shutdown period with our mental health intact.
I also wanted to get really honest with you about how worried I was about sharing that I had help, because I didn’t want to offend anyone or make anyone feel bad. (See how deep our social conditioning is, around getting help? Whew!) There’s clearly a lot to unpack in this hot button topic, so pop in those earbuds and let’s start a conversation…
So what’s this conversation REALLY about?
- Why it’s crucial to lower your standards for yourself sometimes
- What constitutes a ‘win’ for me and the kids during the COVID-19 shutdown
- Finding homeschooling tough? You are NOT alone.
- Why are we so uncomfortable with calling in help?
- The truth about how much help I’m getting at home (and why I was scared to record this episode)
- The question that made me teary at the school principal’s office
- Why we get uncomfortable when people offer help
- Why ‘soldiering on’ is doing a disservice to yourself and other women
- Plus so much more
If you want a reminder that you’re allowed to seek out support, and that you don’t need to make life harder for yourself, this episode is for you.
You can quote me on that:
“We can do hard things, but we can’t do impossible things.” – Lisa Corduff
Want to help me out?
Leave a review (um, and a hefty handful of stars!) here.
Hey! I'm Lisa
Thousands of women have transformed their lives using my programs and workshops.
Whether you’re seeking a quick shift or a full deep dive (with the transformation to match), you’ll find tools and training that can help, right here...
FREE Energy WORKBOOK
Get the simple, powerful workbook that can take you from tired and depleted to having your energy back. Even if life is really busy, you’ve got no time,And you’re not sure where to start
THE CHANGE ROOM
IT ALL STARTS WITH THE CHANGE ROOM.
You’ve changed, I’ve changed and it’s time to upgrade. Fun. Unpretentious. Easy. I can’t wait to welcome you inside The Change Room.
...WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?