**Please note this episode contains adult language, so please pop headphones in if you have little ones around.
Have you been on an emotional rollercoaster since the COVID-19 pandemic hit? Maybe you’re struggling with grief, anxiety and overwhelm? And what about #iso-life — has it got you feeling all the feels?
If so, you’re not alone. This is a crazy time for all of us, and there are a lot of people struggling right now. That’s why I was so excited to chat with today’s podcast guest, Allison Davies…
Allison is a multi award winning Music Therapist and creator of the Braincare Cafe. She teaches adults and children how to use music to support brain function, so that they can function at their best, overcome anxiety, and create an environment in which to thrive.
In this podcast, Alli shares her best strategies for dealing with anxiety, overwhelm and grief during this shutdown period, that you can use to calm and soothe both your own brain AND your children’s brains. It’s an empowering conversation, and her tools and suggestions can help change the energy in your household fast. So pour yourself a cuppa and pop in those earbuds… if you need to shift your headspace, you’re in the right place!
So what’s this conversation REALLY about:
- How to recognise the signs that you’re struggling (and how to hit the reset button)
- The best tools for when you feel like you’re on an emotional rollercoaster
- What to do when you feel a big surge of overwhelm building (and you know you’re about to explode)
- Everyone knows music can boost your mood… but did you know you can use it to process sad emotions too?
- Why it’s so hard to make sense of what’s going on right now (it’s not just you!)
- Why ALL your emotions are valid (even the tough, heavy ones) and how to safely express them
- How to support yourself when you’re in a heightened emotional state (and the specific types of music that can help you relax)
- Why telling someone to “calm down” never works (and what to do instead)
If you want to learn smart strategies to manage your anxiety, process your emotions, and care for your brain during the pandemic… this conversation is for you.
You can quote me on that:
“It feels like we’re being held by everyone, because we’re mirroring the exact same feelings and fears and unknowns.” – Allison Davies
Want to help me out?
Leave a review (um, and a hefty handful of stars!) here.
Hey! I'm Lisa
Thousands of women have transformed their lives using my programs and workshops.
Whether you’re seeking a quick shift or a full deep dive (with the transformation to match), you’ll find tools and training that can help, right here...
FREE Energy WORKBOOK
Get the simple, powerful workbook that can take you from tired and depleted to having your energy back. Even if life is really busy, you’ve got no time,And you’re not sure where to start
THE CHANGE ROOM
IT ALL STARTS WITH THE CHANGE ROOM.
You’ve changed, I’ve changed and it’s time to upgrade. Fun. Unpretentious. Easy. I can’t wait to welcome you inside The Change Room.
...WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?