If you’ve been hanging around these parts for a while, you’ll know I’m obsessed with stories.
The stories we tell ourselves.
They’re right there under the surface. Those stories of your life, everything that you believe to be true. The stories informing everything that you do. The decisions you make, the interpretations that you make about the world, other people and why you do or don’t make decisions.
These stories, they’ve literally got you. That term is important, because they’ve really got you by the balls. Not to be crass, but let’s call a spade a spade.
My absolute mission is to wake everybody up to the fact that so much of what you’re telling yourself about what’s possible for you and who you are actually changes your life.
We also need to be wary of the stories OTHER people tell about us. For example… if you’re a Capricorn, Year of the Dog, INFJ, Intuitive, Alchemist. People are constantly trying to define us and we hear these things and that changes the way we look at ourselves.
So what can do about this?
Key takeaways from this episode:
- Unpacking what other people say about you (too loud/spoilt/domineering) and flipping the script.
- The things we say to our children and how they take on those traits. For example ‘I’m not good at following instructions.’ when they’ve been told consistently how they’re not good at following instructions.
- Understanding that just because you’ve never done something before doesn’t mean you can’t do it.
- We all ‘brand’ ourselves. What’s your brand? What’s the story about you that sell to other people when you meet them?
- Just because you’ve embraced your chaotic/perfectionist/minimalist/ditzy existence doesn’t mean you’re married to it. You can change your habits.
It is possible to shift to these things. Maybe someone put their hand on your head when you were in school and called you an apple (or an orange or a banana) and ever since then, you’ve been an apple. And you don’t have to be an apple. It’s actually kind of random that you were chosen as an apple. And you’ve made being an apple a thing for your whole life.
It’s fascinating when we drill down into this stuff. I’m encouraging you to have your wake up moment, so you can step forward into your personal power. And realise you don’t have to be an apple.
You can be anything you want to be.
You can quote me on it:
“We lock ourselves in to an idea of who we are based on the stories we’ve collected over the years and it doesn’t have to be that way.” ~ Lisa Corduff
share the love
"I’m here to help you break free from the stories holding you back, and create change that sticks"