We all know that motherhood changes us. But it’s only now that there is a language and framework for understanding the changes.
My conversation with Amy Taylor-Kabbaz on Matrescence will blow your mind. You will hear your struggles in a totally new light. You will feel validated and ‘normal’. You are not alone in feeling the push/pull between who you were and who you are now.
The journey from woman to mother is filled with changes at every level of our being. Thank goodness for Amy and her work – which you can find at www.amytaylorkabbaz.com. Buy her brand new book Mama Rising and join the conversation on Facebook and Instagram.
- The transition from being a woman to becoming a mother.
- The split between being the person you used to be and trying to maintain that independence while the other half of you is literally in service to your child.
- The process of self silencing and how damaging it can be for mothers.
- Matrescence (meaning the transformation of a woman into a mother) and how it changed the way Amy and Lisa look at their own motherhood journeys.
- The feeling of still being yourself while being a totally different person when you welcome your child into the world.
- The importance of understanding that you need breaks and time to yourself and it doesn’t make you less of a wonderful mother.
- The big story we all carry about what it means to be a good mother.
- Letting go of the ideas of what a ‘good’ mother is.
- The dangers of falling into the comparison blame game.
- The divine superpower of being a mum and those miraculous moments when it kicks in.
If you’re feeling a little lost on your motherhood journey, this episode is for you. Amy and I talk about the power and the oppression of motherhood and how it all exists in the matrescence journey.
You can quote me on it
“The thing about motherhood is that it’s like a fast track to growth.” ~ Lisa Corduff
share the love
"I’m here to help you break free from the stories holding you back, and create change that sticks"